You don’t know me yet but you will in due time because I am your future self, and I have some advice you may find useful.
Relax, you are going to do great. No, this isn’t about your future self looking back and feeling regret. Not at all.
In fact, I’m grateful for how our life has played out so far. I’m here to encourage you. To share with you that you are on the right path. It may not seem like it at times, especially when you feel lost, broken and confused, but know that it is all for your greater good and purpose. There is beauty in the ups and the downs, the joy and the pain.
You will experience trascendental highs and unearthly lows but inevitably realize the beautiful lessons behind them all and be grateful.
You are going to do great throughout your twenties but there are some key things I’d like to point out to you that will enhance your experience so that you truly come out on top ten years from now.
- Love yourself unconditionally. Learn and practice self-love and kindness right now and for every day of your life. I know you are very hard on yourself and a perfectionist at times, and that’s quite alright, but I just want you to know that you are loved, you are lovable, and that you are capable of love no matter what you do.
- Go on epic adventures and travel as much as you can. Take a chance and travel alone because you will create lifelong memories and friendships. You will learn that it’s possible to fall in love with a place, an idea, a sunset, an icecream cone, a train ride and more. You will become stronger and resilient.
- Basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball, hockey, dance, cycling, blading… Remember how active you were as a kid? Well, join a league or a class and keep moving. Invest in your health and take extra good care of your body. Limit the late nights and getting little sleep, nights out with friends and food binges. Your wealth is in your health.
- Trust yourself. That intuition you get is real and right – listen to it. Believe in yourself and trust that you are capable of making the right decision for yourself and others. You are so smart, caring and strong. Trust that you were created for all of the greatness you dream of and know you deserve to have in this lifetime.
- Everything happens for a reason. You and I know that plans can change so remember that and embrace the changes that do and will come up. The sooner you accept the life lessons ahead of you, the quicker and better off you will be. You will gain incredible wisdom and experience from it all, which you will then share with others.
- Work harder than you play. Yes, I know how the actual saying goes (work hard, play harder) but believe me, this is how it should be to set yourself up for success, to be successful for the rest of your life. I know that’s what you want, Grace.
- Invest in yourself. Pursue your passions and interests. Take classes. Join clubs. Take that art class you’ve always wanted to take. Continue playing music. Learn new things. Expand your mind and horizon. Broaden your perspective on life. Be open to all of life’s beauty. Once you begin investing in your knowledge, success and influence is sure to follow.
- Cherish your loved ones. Even the ones who will hurt you, because they are only human and so they will make mistakes but you must forgive them. Thank them for the lesson they taught you and move forward graciously. Be grateful for those souls who come into your life.
- Be courageous! You are stronger than you know. Your fears are not real. All of the doubt, insecurities and what-ifs that are flooding your brain – you need to let them all go. These fears have served a purpose in your growth and evolution. Free your mind from limiting beliefs and ideologies that were instilled in you because of what others felt was “good” for you. Learn to think for yourself. Trust your instincts. Have the courage to create with intention and manifest the life you truly desire. No one knows what is better for you than you.
- Be unapologetically you. You are a limitless soul having an earthly experience. You are capable of absolutely anything you desire. You can create and achieve anything you desire as long as you put your mind to it. You are here at this time to learn important soul lessons, to evolve and to inspire others along the way. You are here to learn and to live life beautifully. Simply begin by being you.
Shine your light as you embody love and experience transcendental beauty.
Be happy. Be grateful. Be you.
With so much love,
Your Future Self